Jan 27

20130127-085735.jpg

I came across this infographic while on my daily flick through stories on my Zite app. Credit goes to Eye on Education for the link.

It got me thinking a bit about what is really important in school and life beyond it. We can spend countless hours developing the greatest lessons, learning and using new technologies, getting creative with project based learning, attending talkfests on the latest theories in education, analysing the latest test scores and where we went right and wrong, but when it come down to it, maybe these 6 Rs are really what we should be focussing on.

A 90+ point average on your exam results means “diddly squat” if you haven’t become a resilient, resourceful person who knows how to be responsible and can work respectfully with others in stable relationships. And we can spend as much money, time and effort as we want in implementing whizz bang tech initiatives and new revolutionary educational programs in our schools, but if reading COMPREHENSION isn’t the core of them, well …………….

Most of these 6 Rs don’t have an easy to quantify, standardised data score applicable to them but it doesn’t mean we don’t make them a bigger priority in our school improvement plans. Makes you think.

No Responses to “The 6 Rs to success in school and life”

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Midiendo el aprendizaje: la revolución pendiente | Powering Education