Nov 15

20121115-215233.jpg

New to blogging this year, I’m excited to take part in nominating blogs for the Edublogs Awards for 2012. There are no many great blogs out there that I have visited this year, gaining insights into the world of education and technology. Many have inspired some of my work and supported me in my own learning, which is what the Awards are all about – recognising the contributions made to education by bloggers. . Here are my nominations. Nominations close on November 26.

Best individual blog Langwitches
Best group blogCommitted Sardine
Best ed tech / resource sharing blogLarry Ferlazzo Websites of the Day
Best teacher blogClassroom Chronicles – Henrietta Miller
Best library / librarian blogthe daring librarian
Best administrator blogDavid Truss ( Pair of Dimes)
Best twitter hashtag – #edchat Found out so much through this hash tag this year. Has helped get my blog out to the masses too.
Best free web tool – Diigo
Best open PD / unconference / webinar series – EdmodoCon 2012
Best educational use of a social network – Edmodo
Best mobile app – Explain Everything

Who or what stands out for you? Would love to know your thoughts.

And if you’d like to nominate Mr G Online for best new blog, that would be nice too😉

5 Responses to “Edublogs Awards 2012 nominations”

1. Henrietta Miller Says:

Thank you so much for nominating me Mr G. I am honoured you have done so. I will certainly be nominating you for best new blog, since I have learned so much from you this year. maybe one day we will even get to meet in person!

• mgleeson Says:

Thanks Henrietta. We sort of did meet last year at the IWB conference at Crown in Melbourne. It was your presentation that got me obsessed with Edmodo and blogging. I asked several questions that day. Hope to get to some iWB conferences next year – maybe even Sydney.

2. gwynethj Says:

Thanks so much for your nomination Mr. G! I wish we had met when I was speaking in Australia this past July/Aug – maybe someday! Your blog if fab!
    Cheers!
    ~Gwyneth Jones
    The Daring Librarian

3. David Truss Says:

Honoured that I made your list. Thank you!

Really hope to make it out to Australia some time soon… hopefully when I do, we can connect f2f.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• mgleeson Says:

Would be great to see lots of people I’ve “met” online this year. Going to be at iWBNet K – 12 Leadership (Seventh National Leading a Digital School Conference) in Melbourne next year.